Transforming your work with the Eight Extraordinary Vessels: tools for all cycles of life
a four day course covering all 8 Extraordinary Vessels and their application and relevance for shiatsu
Do you have clients coming to you with issues you don’t feel you are working with as effectively as you could be? Do you feel that there is some quality of connection you are not quite reaching? This may present especially with issues related to their fertility, sexuality, early childhood experiences. Learning to work with all 8 Extraordinary Vessels will fill in these gaps in your work and transform the way you work with all clients. Living up to their name: they truly are Extraordinary! They help us tap into the creative power and potential of our body on a profound level. You will also discover their transformative effect on you personally as well.
They are the basis for the energetic and physical development of our body. They regulate fundamental energies, including our ancestral connections and why we are here. They strengthen our ability to be in the present moment, to live fully the life we have been given as well as to have a healthy relationship with our past. They are especially connected to our reproductive systems and our sexuality and to how we live through major transitions in life including death. Without them, we are missing out on tapping into fundamental aspects of our being.
Apart from Conception and Governing Vessel, these vessels are not so well known as the 12 channels but are relevant for all clients at all stages of their lives. They regulate fundamental energies, including our ancestral connections and why we are here, to our capacity to be present in each moment and experience the fullness of life as who we are. They are especially connected to our reproductive systems and our sexuality and to how we live through major transitions in life including death. Without them, we are missing out on tapping into fundamental aspects of our being.
You will learn
- The link between the 8 Extraordinary Vessels and our embryological development
- The eight gateways of transformation
- What these vessels are, their qualities and functions and how they are important for all clients, women and men
- How to work them both as a group and more specifically Penetrating and Girdle Vessel
- How they act together as a group, as two distinct but interconnected families, and the individual characteristics of each of the Eight.
- How they link with the 12 meridians/channels
- How they link with our earliest time in the womb and why that time is fundamental to access for all clients, not just for maternity clients and their babies
- Some exercises and visualisations to support you and that you can share with your clients
- Ideas of how you can start integrating them into your practice/work
Day 1: Yin et Yang Qiao Mai : the connection with the current moment and our ability to walk
Day 2 : Yin et Yang Wei Mai : our body’s record keeper, our cellular memory
Day 3 : Integrating the Wei with Chong et Dai Mai – and our embryological development
Day 4: Integrating the Qiao with the source: Du (Governing) and Ren (Conception) Mai and the integration of all 8 vessels.
Eight gateways (portals) of transformation.
These wondrous vessels regulate the inner changes in our bodies during key moments of change - portals through which we move to another stage of our journey. Each portal offers an opportunity to transform ancestral patterns, or can create blockages. It is fascinating that there are 8 main portals - during which we can reconnect to our infinite potential:
- Birth and the perinatal period
- Standing upright
- The beginning of sexual activity ( ‘marriage’ in the oriental texts )
- Pregnancy and childbirth – for men and women.
- Menopause, ‘andropause’ and ageing
Suzanne has been working with the Extraordinary Vessels since the late 90’s when she felt something was missing in her work with pregnant clients. Over the past 20 years she has been studying them with all clients and more recently has been understanding them through studying embryology. She integrates work with them in all her courses. You can view some of her articles in the blog.
Suzanne's work has had a huge impact on me: my studies completely changed the quality and depth of my treatments, not only with pregnant women but every client and I learnt so much about myself.