We invite you to find your purpose and passion and ignite your fire with a group of loving women in rural Portugal
The last years have been challenging and a strong reminder that change can rush through at any moment. In moments like this we can shrink into fear or expand forwards into love and passion. Our invitation is to allow the recent changes to clear us out from deep within and choose the women that we want to be. We offer inspiring and nourishing practices to inspire you to connect deeply with your purpose and passion for the future.
As mother and daughter, Rosa and Suzanne will draw upon our different experiences of shiatsu, yoga, meditation and massage to embody our capacity for change.
We will celebrate and explore your life cycles from your time in the womb to your experience of ageing. This is for you, wherever you are at in your life cycle - menstruation, pregnancy, birth, motherhood or the menopause and whether or not you have had children. We will weave together the wisdom of each cycle to connect with our purpose and passion.
Over five days, we will drop deep within through yoga, movement, meditation, workshops/touch based practices, creative & nature - based activities, sharing circles & ceremony. There will be opportunities to rest and reflect on your own as well as to enjoy good food and company. The mornings will be an energising practice to set the theme for the day and the evenings will close with a nurturing and relaxing practice to ease you into the night.
The retreat will include
- Opening ceremony to set your intentions for renewal
- Morning yoga and movement journeys with breath and sound to set the theme for the day
- Intuitive movement to awaken the Extraordinary Vessels, powerful vessels of Chinese medicine, and the deep energy pathways within
- Workshops to explore our life cycles including how the mother daughter relationship affects our later relationships
- Guided explorations of the surrounding nature (sea, land, plants) to connect with the cleansing and balancing power of the elements
- Mothering ourselves: time to rest and explore nature on your own, nurture and deepen our relationship
- A day in silence to go deep within
- Women’s sharing circles to honour what you have to bring to each other – where anyone can lead an exercise or meditation or share a song or poem
- Paired bodywork practices (no bodywork experience necessary)
- Guided visualizations in the meditation temple
- Shiatsu workshops (2) led by Suzanne for the therapists attending who want to apply their knowledge to their work
- Yoga workshops (2) led by Rosa for yoga practitioners and teachers who want to apply this to their practice
- Evening relaxing practices to integrate and rest/nourish
- Closing fire ceremony – to weave together the wisdom of each cycle and to celebrate your rebirth
The retreat space
We have chosen an inspiring rural space to support our work – Monte da Orada
“ an abundant green womb for expansion and transformation”
Click on the link above to be taken to their website where you can view a video.
June is the month of the most light. We chose it to support the theme of passion and to ignite the fire within.
It is a family run, eco-sustainable, community based soul retreat centre, nestled in 71 hectares of nature and privacy. Located near Portugal's Southwest Atlantic Coast, bordering Algarve, Orada is near spectacular wild surf beaches (15 minutes from the coast) and the authentic countryside tranquillity of Alentejo.
There is a Bio pool and they grow most of their fruit and vegetables inspired by permaculture principles. The food will be nourishing, vegan and gluten and sugar free.
The nearest airport is Faro and takes 1.5 hours in a shared 8 seater minibus (about 20€ each way). Lisbon airport transfers take 2,5 hours and are about 30€ each way. There are also bus and train options to São Teotónio then a taxi.
A Typical Day
Timing varies depending on activity
07.00 -7.30 Meditation
07.30-08.30 Movement journey
10.30-13.00 Themed workshop
15.00-18.00 Outside activity (includes trips and 1 or 2 afternoons free)
18.00 -19.00 Women’s sharing circle
19.00- 20.30 Dinner
20.30 -21.30 Nourishing practices (relaxing Yoga and breathwork)
Monday evening opening ceremony at 8 pm and Friday evening closing ceremony. Start 7pm dinner Monday, finish lunchtime Saturday
Working with extraordinary women's cycles was particularly touching for me. I have done lots of personal development work, such as counselling, body therapy, psychotherapy, energetic work, but I have never connected with my womb in such a loving way.
I felt you held the space in a way that valued my womb, my femininity, my sexuality and made me aware of my female power in a way I had not experienced before.
It was like the permission to truly give birth to my real self!
Thank you so much Suzanne!
Shiatsu-Practitioner and Coach for Personal Development
This course is a jewel for every woman!
I was standing at a threshold and needed to step back, reflect and get nourished in a way before moving on with my life. The course has exactly given me that. Right from our very first session, the threshold was gone and I felt whole again.
From that moment on, I felt completely happy with where I'm standing now, and open to whatever experience may arrive. Tears came... and went. No drama. No questions. Just me witnessing, and at the same time joy and gratefulness. A real treasure!
Thank you Rosa and Suzanne for having offered and continuing to offer such a beautiful opportunity for growth, reflection and awareness.
Shiatsu therapist and Qi Gong teacher